Temporary Community Event Application
WHAT IS A TEMPORARY COMMUNITY EVENT?:
A pre-planned single event or series of events that, because of its nature, interest, location, promotion or any combination of similar influences, is expected to draw a large number of people, proposed to be held on public property, or on private property but impacting public property or roadways, and/or requiring the use of public support services, for the purpose(s) of entertainment, celebration, amusement, cultural recognition, arts and craft displays and/or sales, special sport competition, block parties or similar activities generally considered recreational in nature.
Events that require a Temporary Community Event Application are typically ones that are expected to have more than 100 people in attendance.
WHO APPROVES THE EVENT?:
The Borough staff review of special events and community events may involve input from the following personnel (which can be reduced or increased to include other personnel at the Borough Manager's discretion):
- Borough Manager
- Police Chief
- Fire Chief
- Public Works Director
- Code Enforcement Director
- Recreation Director
After the staff review and recommendations, and before the application is presented to Borough Council for approval, the application is reviewed and processed through the Parks and Recreation Committee.
ALL APPLICANTS ARE RECOMMENDED TO ATTEND THE PARKS AND RECREATION COMMITTEE MEETING IN ORDER TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS THE COMMITTEE MAY HAVE THAT CANNOT BE ANSWERED BY STAFF.
The Parks and Recreation Committee Meetings are held on the 3rd Floor of Borough Hall on the 4th Tuesday of Every month at 6:00PM.
The final approval for the community event or special event proposed, along with all costs and conditions attached, will be made by the Borough Manager, except those applications which require street closure, then in such case, by the Borough Council in a public meeting of the Borough Council. The decision of approval/disapproval made by the Borough Council will be final.
COMMUNITY EVENT GUIDELINES:
1. No special event will be permitted to operate prior to 8:00 a.m. and must conclude no later than 10:00 p.m. Actual times for the event must be approved as part of the approval process.
2. Inspections by the Borough's Code Enforcement, Fire and Public Works Departments may be required. This will include a pre-event inspection and any other inspection(s) deemed necessary by the Borough.
3. Site maintenance is the responsibility of the applicant, and the site must be left in a clean condition. This may be required on a daily basis. A licensee shall keep sidewalks, roadways, and other public or private spaces adjoining and adjacent to his location clean and free from paper, refuse and permanent markings of any kind.
4. Parking or driving on grass, service roads or athletic fields is prohibited unless expressly permitted as part of the event. Applicant shall ensure that their guests, vendors, concessionaires and exhibitors shall not park or drive vehicles on grass, service roads, or athletic fields. Failure to comply automatically revokes the permit and forfeits the security deposit. Provisions for parking are not included in the issuance of any Community Event Permit.
5. Fastening or attaching any rope, sign, banner, flyer or other object to any tree or shrub in the park is strictly prohibited without making said request as part of the application.